Historical Location
external image w9-CHpkLTFb2DXMGj2KiR8Hq9SJkhxaZZYKH5fTUL6cDXwjumxewLLQ1aJOYa2LLKDAGjwidgLPc1eiIB_h0SW3VyOXvBC8UMDWRezLvOcrfTkmSOjc2c2U6VTQMU9Z3vrf8hTKn

Name: L. Adler Brothers and Company Clothing Factory

Category: Clothing Factory

Size: Large (largest in Rochester, 2nd or 3rd largest in the country), housed 1,200 employees

Condition: Good, built in 1910

Inhabitants: Garment workers, mostly Jewish immigrants

Map Location: Rochester's northern outskirts, marked on A2

Description (ca. 1921):
The factory was large enough to house 1,200 employees and ninety percent of it was made of glass to give light to the workers.
It was built to replace a smaller one on Clothier's Row and allow the business to expand. Adler Bros. is known for its high quality suits, sold at a high price. After WWI the business was not doing as well as it used to and bagan considering a merger with Levy Brothers Clothing Company, a lower cost and lower quality Rochester brand, to keep the factory running at its maximum capacity.

Also done by Daniel Roy Barman here