Erie Railroad depot.jpg
Historical Location

Name: Erie Railroad Depot

Category: Train Station

Size:

Condition: Destroyed in 1947

Inhabitants: Commuters

Map Location: Court St. Rochester, NY

Description (ca. 1921):
The Erie depot, sitting between the Genesee River and Exchange Street, was designed by architect George E. Archer and served as the end station on the Erie Railroad line. The line ran originally from New York City to Lake Erie, and was reestablished in 1895 after multiple failures and bankruptcies, incorporating Rochester within its vast web of track. The Erie Railroad Depot station was one of the first few to be powered on electricity, an example of the advancement in transportation services, across the Erie line.