Historical Location
external image 4YMhcjhMlTLUaC9qa74r7hJHcZMIvulx3Cp-N4CqNpENNdcwKbCdwTKmftNTQaHD2dKrH7IdSbPfFHLQW9ZE52J4n2uiLiHbD4mLBuyAz02hiQ0duS2qCyL53aHglqXHK6GuNO_T

Name: Andrews Street Warehouse

Category: bootlegging location (historical)

Size: large

Condition: good

Inhabitants: none

Map Location: F1

Description (ca. 1921):
The warehouse furnished office space for the Rochester Carting Company but became more well known as a storage place for for illegal alcohol during Prohibition. It was a perfect place to store seized and surrendered alcohol because it was such an unassuming building. Some of the more common drinks stored here were apple and grape brandy. The value of the brandy that was stored here was very high at close to a million dollars. The drinks came from local ingredients, such as grapes from the Finger Lakes region, and were locally made rather than being smuggled in from Canada. The warehouse was also known as "Special Internal Revenue Bonded Warehouse Number Five".